Program a backup key

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

215Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to program a ignition key for the 97 expedition? I found the one for the later models but not for the 97.

TactialMonkey

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if you cant make it work all you do to make a redneck bypass is carefully pull the black ring off that is on the ignition its got some wires going to it just take it off and put the micro chipped key inside it I just duct taped mine in and now normal keys start my truck. screw PATS its mean

hortonguy

Reaction score
if you have 2 programed keys all you need to do is cycle the first key until theft light goes out usaly about 1 or 2 seconds then do the same with the other key then do it with the unprogramed key. do all this fast if you take to long between key swithces it wont work.

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
if you have 2 programed keys all you need to do is cycle the first key until theft light goes out usaly about 1 or 2 seconds then do the same with the other key then do it with the unprogramed key. do all this fast if you take to long between key swithces it wont work.

Only need 1 key on the 97....

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
Then your in luck. Easy as pie. I got my keys of of ebay for cheap, and had them cut, and walla.