Project Refresh - part 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eluther3

Full Access Members
Reaction score
After looking at the price of new trucks, I decided to refresh my 97 5.4L 1st gen. I never really liked the chrome grill surround, so I took it off an painted the grill black and the surround to match the body color. I also repainted the bumper and straightened some damage from when my son put it in a ditch. Added new headlights to finish the look. Here are the before and after pics.

Next step is the interior. Found some nice seats from an 01, and have some weathertech mats on order.

expedition before.jpg expedition after.jpg

OP
OP
eluther3

eluther3

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks. Looking for a set of foglamps I can put in without having to do any rewiring. I noticed a set of connectors already in place I assume for foglights but truck didnt come with any.

Any of you retrofitted fogs? Did you get them off ebay?

whitelightning99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Much cleaner look,not a fan of the chrome mirror caps though that's just my opinion

whitelightning99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
id say go for it :) but really it's not about what others think it's about what you like

OP
OP
eluther3

eluther3

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Update - Just did an upgrade to the interior

Old torn seats before:
c301bfe5-a03a-4dfa-bbe8-2a3f6a5a8ad7
upload_2016-12-26_14-57-19.pngTook out interior pieces and repainted. updated interiorinterior after.jpgDid the complete back section with bedliner paint and added weathertech cargo mat back before.jpg

interior back after.jpg

whitelightning99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
seats look great, you got lucky finding a drivers that's not ripped.Thinking about doing my radio/heater trim bezel in bed liner paint cause factory paint chips off way to easy.Did you do yours ?

OP
OP
eluther3

eluther3

Full Access Members
Reaction score
seats look great, you got lucky finding a drivers that's not ripped.Thinking about doing my radio/heater trim bezel in bed liner paint cause factory paint chips off way to easy.Did you do yours ?
No I haven't. Actually working on the front dash and radio bezel this week. I had originally planned to do the bezel and dash in bed liner paint, but decided against it after seeing how well the trim parts came out. Used the Duplicolor gray interior paint and it match my factory color almost exactly.

I did do the center console insert in bedliner paint and pleased with that. If you do choose to do the bedliner paint, make sure you prepare the surface and let the paint harden before reinstalling (found that out the hard way)