Projector fogs for 2nd Gen.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SoCalStig

Reaction score
Good morning everyone. I am not really impressed with the light thrown by the stock fog lights on my 2006 Limited. I replaced the bulbs with 5000K HIDs, and the results were as expected.

I came across these projector fogs on ebay, and was wondering if anyone had tried them, and what their impressions were:
Clear Lens Halo Projector Black Grille Fog Light for 03 06 Expedition U222 | eBay

Alternatively, are there any ideas or upgrades to the fog lights using either LED or HID bulbs that were worthwhile. If anyone has done any DIY upgrades to them, photos would be greatly appreciated to give me ideas on how to do it.
Thanks!

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
we only had 1 person that ever used them...they liked them but u might want to try 6k fogs instead...I have them in mine and love the output...remember the fogs will only light up the ground right in front of the truck not really increase light output for u to see further down the road...it is meant to give u the view to sides...with the fogs u want to use u will narrow the beam due to the projector...

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i might get them to fight my look for the truck...cosmetic only

Lostneye

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Those look cool. For that price I wouldn't expect much on light output but for cosmetics seems worth it.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that's all I want it for...but someone had them before and said the output wasn't bad