Projector lens on a 2001

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

idgcorp

Reaction score
Absolutely & they look great, direct replacement, they come with H3 bulbs for the projector

rwinch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have been looking into these, and what I would like to know is how do these work. What I mean is that stock are the hi/low beam bulbs (9007s). The projectors seem to have two bulbs in the lens. Is one the hi and one the low, or do you still have the hi/low combo with another bulb???

idgcorp

Reaction score
The large light is your Hi/Low standard 9007 bulb, the small one operates off of its own switch.

rwinch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks!!!!
One last question then. The small one then is the H3 bulb you mention above. I presume that would take the place of the "Driving Lamp" that people install say on their grill guards? What is beam it produces (wide, narrow, etc.)?

idgcorp

Reaction score
It does not take the place of a driving lamp unless you connect it that way. Mine come on as daytime runners and stay on. When it gets foggy or something I use the large beams. The beam is a narrow pinpont beam.

OP
OP
G

Have you had any problem with them getting moisture in them? I have heard where some people have had condensation and leaking problems with aftermarket headlamps. Of course, the factory ones will eventually but the aftermarkets seem to leak immediately from what I have heard.

OP
OP
G

Great. I am looking into these myself. I found a place that I can buy direct being I am a dealer. I'll see what I can buy them for and maybe if enought of you are interested we might be able to get a bulk discount on them. I'll check into it and see on Monday.

OP
OP
G

I called today and all they have are the crystal clear diamond pattern lamps. I spoke to the manager at Advanced Auto Parts and his price a 397.00 for the pair. They were also the APC brand, so the ebay price is really good. I have a few more options that I will check out too.