brake light and turn signal - passenger side only

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drot84

Reaction score
2018 Expedition Max XLT. The passenger side brake light and turn signal are not currently working. At times they will start to work again but sometimes only for one drive, other times for a few days. I've tried replacing the bulb, which didn't help, and also sometimes disconnecting the electrical clip for the whole rear assembly and reconnecting will help, but not always. I even tried taping that to help hold the connection and I thought that worked for a while but the same problem has come up.

When I turned off the car and walk to the back, the light is ON temporarily...matching the driver's side that is lit until I lock the vehicle and walk away. So the light bulb works and it gets power, but seems to be having an issue specifically with turn signal and braking.

The front passenger turn signals are working.

Anyone run into this before? Any advice on what to troubleshoot next?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2018 Expedition Max XLT. The passenger side brake light and turn signal are not currently working. At times they will start to work again but sometimes only for one drive, other times for a few days. I've tried replacing the bulb, which didn't help, and also sometimes disconnecting the electrical clip for the whole rear assembly and reconnecting will help, but not always. I even tried taping that to help hold the connection and I thought that worked for a while but the same problem has come up.

When I turned off the car and walk to the back, the light is ON temporarily...matching the driver's side that is lit until I lock the vehicle and walk away. So the light bulb works and it gets power, but seems to be having an issue specifically with turn signal and braking.

The front passenger turn signals are working.

Anyone run into this before? Any advice on what to troubleshoot next?

Only suggestion are questions - do you have OEM bulbs and no aftermarket bulbs? Were any incandescent bulbs replaced with LED bulbs? Any prior accident damage?

braddddd

Reaction score
0n the 2004 expeditions and years with the same fuse box , fuse #29 , if blown will kill power to the right brake light (passenger side) and the obd reader . this is not stated in the fuse indicator chart. I checked every fuse to discover this when my right brake and turn lamp would not light up. Then tried to read the OBD and found it had no power either. The fuse replacement fixed both. The fuse chart indicates "trailer tow electric brake controller" only.

gural

Reaction score
take manometer (eletrcial tester) and check is the voltage coming to bulbs via wiring
if not
check the ground
if not
check the fuses
if not
probably it is the switch in the steering wheel

front turn signal are on seperat wiring

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member