Pulled my oil pan -- found a surprise ! *** PICS ****

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Hey guys, just wanted to give a quick update.

Approx. 7,000 miles later and no issues whatsoever. Pressure gauge reads in the middle and no more ticking noise. Seems like the tensioners are holding up.

That's good to hear!

Congrats!!

BrandonH13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How much different would it be to do all this on a 05 3v? The one I bought had all the timing stuff (chains, tensioners, guide, phasers) changed and the shop that did the work said they thought the guide broke, but yet when they pushed it "back together" it didn't look like anything was missing. Well about 300-400 miles after that we put on it, its making noise, has a cam position code. The shop that worked on it took it to ford that said it was mistimined on bank 1 and that it had low oil pressure.

I don't know what they classify as low, but said it was enough to not make the phasers act the way they are designed. I talked to the shop and they DIDN'T take off the pan or anything to see if there was debrise. So looks like now I am going to have to take off that and hope that there is stuff/sludge that is covering the pick up tube to starve off the pressure. I will also be looking at taking off the pump if need be and seeing about retimining it myself also. Sad that this happened RIGHT after we bought it with less than 120K on the motor. Have all the service records to, but the previous owner did take it to jiffy lube and stuff quite a lot for the oil changes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1