radiator and fan clutch replacement procedure?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IMINYOURCHAIR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
okay, I have on order a two row radiator and fan clutch. now, I understand that the lower hose does not use a traditional clamp and has a special way to be removed, I have read that in 99 or 98 they went to a "heat shrink clamp"
me having an 04/97 build date means I have something else?

fan clutch: what is the most efficient way to remove this thing, i don't want to have to go through the usual start the project then realize I don't have some part routine

OP
OP
I

IMINYOURCHAIR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Okay, after no replies I decided to go ahead and go about it how I saw fit. I started with the fan clutch since the radiator would come out easier w/o the shroud in the way. I had to fight the fan and get creative since I forgot that I had not yet acquired a fan tool. chain around a water pump bolt and another around a different bolt got it off pretty quick.

the trans lines were a pita, the larger bolt that they attached to did not want to come apart so I had to remove those from the old radiator and reuse in the new rad. the lower rad hose come off with some fiddling. mine has a metal tab that has to bent up allowing the hose to twist back and forwards while pulling and it came off. I cleaned and reused the oem hose but I would feel better if I had a way to get longer hose and use a standard clamp. kxJq1V6.jpg
7hhEZtK.jpg