Radiator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZEUS

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My wife has an 07 Navigator and her radiator is leaking instead of repairing it I have a good deal on a new one for about 85 bucks. The only thing it’s off an expedition. Do you guys think this part is the same on both?

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Same. Only difference might be core thickness - tow package vs. not. Tow package adds a row. If you don't tow won't make any difference.

On a side note, I've bought cheap radiators in the past. I'm sure there are good inexpensive ones out there, but not a job I'd enjoying doing twice.

OP
OP
ZEUS

ZEUS

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. My brother works for LKQ so that’s his employee discount. He mentioned it’s heavy duty so it may be the thick one you mentioned.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Same. Only difference might be core thickness - tow package vs. not. Tow package adds a row. If you don't tow won't make any difference.

On a side note, I've bought cheap radiators in the past. I'm sure there are good inexpensive ones out there, but not a job I'd enjoying doing twice.

Even if you don’t tow it still keeps the engine cooler which is always a good thing. So it does make some difference.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I hope for your sake you get at least 5 years out of new unit. The lower end parts like these can be a gamble. Be sure to use distilled water if you don't use pre mix coolant, very critical. You may want to swap out upper/lower hose, and thermostat, if their more than 5 years old. Reusing old parts doesn't always go so well on radiator swaps.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk