Rain sensor 2014 LTD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rollinstone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Rain sensor works intermittently. Driving down the road during light rain fall when you want it at a low setting, I'll get the initial wipe then the wipers just sit there all owing rain to accumulate to the point that forward vision is getting bad. Forces me to turn it up another notch. Then after another initial wipe, the wipers just sit there...and so on.

Sometimes they work as advertised, other times no. During heavy downpours they seem to work OK. So, guessing there's something wrong with the sensitivity. When I bought the Expy 2 years ago the windshield was replaced.

I just happened to notice today that there appears to be an air bubble between the sensor and the windshield, about 3/4 sq inch, as if when the windshield was replaced the installer didn't fully seat the sensor with whatever adhesive they use. I removed the interior plastic cover/cap and pressed on the sensor, but it doesn't seem to want to move. Any thoughts?

docraymund

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The air gap is what's causing the sensor to not function properly. Bring the truck to an auto glass shop and ask if they could do the reseating.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's good to know docray...! Thanks. I've never had a car with the sensor before so I'm still getting used to how it operates.

jeff