Raptor Grille with "FORD" --- 2017 Expy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flatliner316

Reaction score
I'm not a purist for most things so this might be heretical to some Expy or Ford enthusiasts or whatnot...
But every time I see an F150 with the Raptor "FORD" grille, I get a bit envious because it is pretty flippin' sweet...
I've looked and looked and cannot find, so it probably isn't possible, advisable, or available...
But has it been done for a 2017 Expedition? Can it be done? I'm sure the whole grille would have to be replaced, but it seems like some kind of something can be rigged up...
or should I just get some letters made up and hot glue them to the front of my grille? (<- Joke)

Also... what's up with the backup cameras and why are there no videos of someone fixing a 2017 Expy backup camera??? mine is very intermittent and no cause for it to work and not work ...

upload_2020-7-6_11-48-36.png

Langer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm not a purist for most things so this might be heretical to some Expy or Ford enthusiasts or whatnot...
But every time I see an F150 with the Raptor "FORD" grille, I get a bit envious because it is pretty flippin' sweet...
I've looked and looked and cannot find, so it probably isn't possible, advisable, or available...
But has it been done for a 2017 Expedition? Can it be done? I'm sure the whole grille would have to be replaced, but it seems like some kind of something can be rigged up...
or should I just get some letters made up and hot glue them to the front of my grille? (<- Joke)

Also... what's up with the backup cameras and why are there no videos of someone fixing a 2017 Expy backup camera??? mine is very intermittent and no cause for it to work and not work ...

View attachment 36852

Mine does the same. If I open the glass and give a few hits with the heel of my hand above the license plate, while watching the camera, I can usually get it back. HAS to be some goofy connection in there. Someone did a decent explanation, but it was more involved than what I wanted to do when I can still get it back (for now).

post #9:

https://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/backup-camera-going-crazy.40086/#post-358703

Last edited:

Anchorclanker

Reaction score

View attachment 36852
Mine does the same. If I open the glass and give a few hits with the heel of my hand above the license plate, while watching the camera, I can usually get it back. HAS to be some goofy connection in there. Someone did a decent explanation, but it was more involved than what I wanted to do when I can still get it back (for now).

post #9:

https://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/backup-camera-going-crazy.40086/#post-358703
B gbuuy66yy6yyyu y

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
F

Flatliner316

Reaction score

post #9:

ha. I'm actually on that post (post#8 I guess, but don't recall if I saw the next one ...)
I'll have to check to see if it will work with my 2017.

Anchorclanker

Reaction score
That must have been Sailor Jerry talking as I have no recollection of this post. Maybe I will go ask him about it tonight. [emoji16]

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
F

Flatliner316

Reaction score
You are right, I had not seen it. I'm not keen on cutting up the grill either lol.
I don't know enough about that kinda thing to even attempt it, but I'm sure I could change a grill out if I had one with FORD on it. Maybe if I found a wrecked 2017 with a good grill I could look into modifying it as this guy did.
It really is super sweet though!

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There were no aftermarket options for 3rd gen as of a couple years ago, when I checked