reaching spark plugs on pass side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dimension12

Reaction score
Just unplug the fuel injectors and spin them out of the way. You will be able to reach the coil bolts and the plugs. It is tight and time consuming but very doable.

BAD RONALD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is there a big difference between the 5.4l and 4.6l spark plug replacement that has guys messing around with the fuel injection? I never moved the fuel rail on either bank or touched an injector to remove any COP or reach a spark plug for this service.

1stGeExpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I really think it depends on what tools you use and if you're a big guy or not. I always pull the fuel injectors and the rail out of the way because I'm a bigger guy and can't get my arms/hands around all that stuff. I use different extensions & a swivel to get at the COP bolts and the plugs one at a time. I take my time and inspect the condition of every thing (COP, COP ELECTRICAL PLUG, BOOT RUBBER, SPRING, INJECTOR, ELECTRICAL PLUG, O RINGS, SPARK PLUG ETC...) before cleaning the area and putting in the new plug. I work from back to front and take my time.

Oh I have the 5.4 2v & a 2000 expy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dimension12

Reaction score
I think it depends on what year and options you have. Some cylinders I found it is easier to spin the injector out of the way and others I never touch. Also I put anti- seize on the plugs to help future removal and with wires out of the way it doesn't get on them and on your hands.