Rear A/C quick fix?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZexpy

Reaction score
No water . And I just replace both of the actuators for the rear ac. I'm gonna try to fill up the ac

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skauber

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No water may indicate that the rear evaporator is not getting cold, this may be due to low charge on the system or a blocked expansion valve. If the system is low on refrigerant, you may have a leak somewhere. To be sure, you have to diagnose it further, filling the AC may or may not help, and it may be a temporary fix if you have a leak somewhere.

AZexpy

Reaction score
I did notice one of the AC hoses kinda hot when I was changing the temperature blend door . But as soon is I have a day off ill refill the freon . Hopefully that fix it. Thanks for the reply .

03ExFX4

Reaction score
AZexpy,

I would second that your Expansion Valve is bad. I had the same problem after replacing the blend door actuator. Replaced the Expansion Valve and my rear A/C is nice and cold. I picked mine up for $20-$30 off of amazon. It is a hassle to replace because of evacuating and refilling your system. Getting to the valve is not too bad, but you have to be careful when you are refilling the system. You do not want to overfill or under fill the system. A good set of R-134a gauges and a solid vacuum pump will get you by. I rented my pump from autozone for free and picked up my R-134a from walmart.

I'm glad I got mine done before this toasty AZ summer.

AZexpy

Reaction score
Do you have the part number ? Or what's the correct name to it so I can look it up. Am not sure if I could fill up the system myself . Lol . If is as easy as changing the actuators then I can. Where in AZ you at ?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
part should be $25...not $50 and check the refrigerant as stated above...may need a charge

03ExFX4

Reaction score
It was a Four Seasons 39092 expansion valve. Or you can go with the motorcraft one, but I forget the part # for that.

I'm over in Gilbert.