Rear Air Suspension issue.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crowncrazy87

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey guys. Well my 02 has the air suspension on the rear only. The system had been working great untill a few weeks ago when I had to do a hard brake due to some idiot who decided to make a right turn from the left lane, ABS engaged and just barely missed the guy.

Well ever since that incident the system has been crazy... sometimes it works fine, I can park it over night and the next morning everything is fine, others times they deflate all the way after sitting for a short period of time. Then sometimes the compressor runs but nothing happens.

Other times it will deflate while driving or just deflate one side while driving.

This problem is quite annoying and causes some trying to drive the thing. Any ideas on what the issue is here? I do not plan to convert to regular suspension yet so I need to fix this air ride issue.

Erich Zeppelin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My suggestion is to reset. turn off the suspension system, Disconnect the negative battery terminal for 15 minutes, reconnect the terminal, turn on system. ABS is an independent system from air suspension so no matter the braking conditions I do not believe they would effect the air system.......

AAS-1

Reaction score
Hey guys. Well my 02 has the air suspension on the rear only. The system had been working great untill a few weeks ago when I had to do a hard brake due to some idiot who decided to make a right turn from the left lane, ABS engaged and just barely missed the guy.

Well ever since that incident the system has been crazy... sometimes it works fine, I can park it over night and the next morning everything is fine, others times they deflate all the way after sitting for a short period of time. Then sometimes the compressor runs but nothing happens.

Other times it will deflate while driving or just deflate one side while driving.

This problem is quite annoying and causes some trying to drive the thing. Any ideas on what the issue is here? I do not plan to convert to regular suspension yet so I need to fix this air ride issue.

Did you ever fix this problem? If you get a chance, read this article on air spring leaks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nameisbry