Rear lift coils, any ideas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xtinc7ion

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok so after getting the front of my 99 XLT where I want it, I want to get the rear to match. I already have the 2" lvling spacer in back there but I want to eliminate that and just get a set of lift coils and replace the shocks with some extended ones at the same time. Problem is, no one that used to make the lift coils for the 99, make them anymore. I have been searching online, just wanted to get into the forums and see if anyone may have an in with someone or have some to sell. Thanks!

TRTLSLO

Reaction score
Try 2-3" front lift coils from a 95 f150. I used 6" coils from one on the rear of my Expy and it gave me 5.5" of lift.

OP
OP
xtinc7ion

xtinc7ion

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I want that same 5.5" if that's what it gave you. So you used front lift could for the rear or your expy?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

TRTLSLO

Reaction score
Correct. 6" Front lift coils for an F150 placed on the rear of my 2000 Expy

Last edited:

TRTLSLO

Reaction score
A word of caution... They are pretty stiff! Had Zone Offroad coils and it squatted the rear too much when pulling a loaded horse trailer so I searched and searched for something stiffer. Rides like an empty 1 ton truck unloaded but great while towing, lol

P.S. My rig is 4x4... I think 2wd sat lower from the factory so you may get more lift than expected?

OP
OP
xtinc7ion

xtinc7ion

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Stiff ride isn't an issue. I prefer it. Thanks for the heads up. Ill look around for the set you mentioned. Appreciate the help

OP
OP
xtinc7ion

xtinc7ion

Full Access Members
Reaction score
One question though. The front coils have a larger opening in the ends than the rear in mine. Was that an issue installing the front coils in the rear? Just want to make sure the coils aren't going to fall to the side or not fit properly.

TRTLSLO

Reaction score
The coils I got had the same sized opening. Got mine off Ebay, I believe they were tuff-country brand. Factory Fords coils had the same size opening also (Which is what led me to try the lifted version).