Rear Passenger window is grinding ('03 EB 2WD)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CertusExpo

Customizing trucks since I was 7 with my Legos
Reaction score
I noticed that the rear passenger window was making a grinding noise when put down but mostly when rolled back up.
I figured it may be some dirt somehow got in the rail of the regulator and just needed to be cleaned and greased.
However, upon disassembly I found that there isn't a traditional regulator but a cable pulley system and he aircraft cable that performs the function of rolling the window up/down has broken strands hence the 'grinding' noise.

Can I simply replace the cable or does the entire power window assembly need to be replaced?

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

robby830

Reaction score
Just the cable can be replaced. I did both rear windows recently that had the same problem. Remove the 3 screws from the motor and you can access the cables. I used needle nose pliers to remove the cables from the track pulleys on the top and bottom.

Cables should be just a few bucks at the junkyard. I was fortunate to come across some in good shape.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

OP
OP
CertusExpo

CertusExpo

Customizing trucks since I was 7 with my Legos
Reaction score
Just the cable can be replaced. I did both rear windows recently that had the same problem. Remove the 3 screws from the motor and you can access the cables. I used needle nose pliers to remove the cables from the track pulleys on the top and bottom.

Cables should be just a few bucks at the junkyard. I was fortunate to come across some in good shape.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Thank you!