Rear speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

new03ExpyEB

Reaction score
I just bought a 2003 Ford Expedition Eddie bauer edition. It came with a aftermarket head unit and only the front two speakers worked. I recently installed a new aftermarket head unit and rear door speakers and they still don't work. Can anyone link me to somewhere or just explain where the factory amp is located if there is one and how to fix this problem. Thanks!

whtbronco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The only amp in my 2004 was for the subwoofer. The rear speakers are wired through the console due to the rear seat controls. The speaker wire colors change from the headunit to the rear speakers inside the console. There's a couple connectors inside the back of the console to check. Somewhere here there is a thread with the wiring diagram for the 2003, but there are multiple diagrams depending on options like with or without navigation and such.

At the front of the console there is a rubber tray and there's a screw under it. Then the front portion just pops off. The bin for the rear portion just screws in sides and bottom. Then you should be able to see all the wires and connectors.

Here's the diagram for my 2004 without navigation, maybe it's similar to yours.