rear wiper and front washer pump related?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bbach

Reaction score
I recently removed the wiper motor from my rear lift gate. Around the same time, my front washer pump seems to have stopped working. I doubt they are related but does anyone know? I don't want to tear it all apart to put it back in if I don't have to.

To diagnose the front pump not working, I removed the plug at the tank and measured the voltage. Looks like I am only getting .01 and .02 volts at the pump and that seems to be some sort of volt leakage from the front wipers.

What next? Turn signal switch? Thanks. -- Bud

Walk03XLT

Reaction score
I disconnected my rear wiper motor due to the wiper being frozen and the motor draining my battery. Found the same problem. Apparently it is all connected somehow. Won't know for sure till i get time to get the wiper moving smoothly again and hook it back up.

OP
OP
B

bbach

Reaction score
Thanks. Guess I need to put it back in.

BTW, the easier 'fix' for the rear wiper motor not working and draining the battery is to pull the fuse.

-- Bud

DetroitDarin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for this - my windshield washer was inop; as I have the rear motor out for replacement - no squirty. I found this thread, re-installed the rear motor and bingo! :) thar she blows.