Rear wiper blade on 3rd Gen Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

obonaven

Reaction score
I want to replace my 16" rear wiper and it seems my only option are cheapo ones. Has anyone replaced the rear wiper blade with an after market one?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes...although i dont have a 3rd gen...i have rain-x on my truck...all you need is the length and put any one you want on

OP
OP
obonaven

obonaven

Reaction score
yes...although i dont have a 3rd gen...i have rain-x on my truck...all you need is the length and put any one you want on

I don't have a 2nd gen to compare with but the clip on the rear of the 3rd gen is different then the front blades.

thanks

scottmeiners

Reaction score
I was never able to find one at a store. I ended up at the dealer and paid about $18 for one. It has some sort of special wiper arm on it. The guy in the parts department said grand Cherokees have the same wiper attachment. Not really sure if he is right or not.

BIGRED03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, he may be right my GC has an odd size too.

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless your driving reverse at 70mph you dont need anything more then a stock rubber lol

OP
OP
obonaven

obonaven

Reaction score
Unless your driving reverse at 70mph you dont need anything more then a stock rubber lol

Well..... There was this one time......

Thanks all. My OCD is not happy that all 3 blades won't match. Someone said I could just buy the rubber blade and replace just that.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or just buy a new one from ford...think its liken $12...I put the 3rd gen arm and blade on my 2nd gen...parts were $22

Holy Rollerz Christian Car Club (HRC3)

ColoExpdn

Reaction score
3rd Gen Expedition rear wiper PN

In order to match the OEM housing on my rear wiper (2010 Expedition) I had to get one from Ford. The PN is 9L1Z-17528-B. I paid $20.98.