rear wiper problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Expedition907

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my rear wiper has quit working late last fall and has not worked since. would it be a fuse or the wiper motor? i forget what fuse it is, but the same fuse is also for the TMPS and front wiper in which both tmps and front wipers work. need new rear wiper motor?:think:

AcesOverEights

Full Access Members
Reaction score
just throwing out an idea, but are you sure that the post didnt break off on the wiper assembly, where the glass and wiper cam meet?

darmahsd

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My wiper doesn't work because the bearing/post assembly that the wiper arm
attaches to has seized. I will have to replace that as it is a common problem
with second gen. My first gen had a different system that contained the whole wiper mechanism in the metal part of the lift gate. It never gave me a problem.
I will look into replacing with a better aftermarket sealed roller bearing rather than have a new OEM go bad again.
To test to see if that's your problem, try turning the wiper with the the glass lifted up and away from the drive pin. That's where mine is siezed. With the glass in the lifted position, turn the rear wiper switch on. Stick something in the latch to activate the connection going to the drive pin and disc and see it rotate back and forth as it should. When you close the glass, the seized wiper arm shaft will be too much strain for the motor to function.

Last edited: