Rear wiper running down the battery?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D Hook

Reaction score
Wife said the rear wiper on her 2005 Expedition quit working last week, just before parking it for 4 days at the airport. When she got home from her trip and went to start it at the airport, the battery was dead. Went out and jumped it and she drove it home last night. Just tried to start it and the battery is dead again.

The wiper is stopped mid-wipe, almost vertical and moves stiffly by hand but does move. I haven't checked the fuse yet because, for some reason, I CANNOT for the life of me, find the d**n fuse panel.

But the question I have is: if the wiper isn't parked properly, like the linkage is jammed or something, can this run the battery down?

And if anyone can show me a pic of where that fuse panel is located, I'd greatly appreciate it.

TIA

EDIT: Just noticed the "Electrical" heading, where I should've posted this. Maybe one of the mods could move it, rather than me cross posting on two areas of the forum.

Thanks...

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

D Hook

Reaction score
Took it to the dealer tonight. Will find out tomorrow what the problem is and post results.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
expresspedition