Rear Wiper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wayfarerwalk

Reaction score
OK, stupid question time. I did a search and didn't find what I was looking for. I had a mechanic tell me that my rear wiper (98 EB 4x4) didn't work because there was a battery back there that went dead. I said to fix it and it has worked for about a year now. I haven't found any info on where that battery is or if he was jerking my chain. I'm not very mechanical but I think I can change a battery! lol. OK, let the laughing and finger pointing begin....:idiot:

86caprirs

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There is no battery for the rear wiper. You may be dealing with a wiper motor, door switch, wiring or multi funtion switch issue. Check fuses first.

mpsjr

Reaction score
The rear wipers are notorious for going bad, but no, there's no battery back there. I would suggest turning on your rear wiper while the key is in the "on" position, then grabbing the rear wiper arm and (gently) moving it up and down to see if it starts working. I have to do this to mine after a heavy rain. I've changed the motor 4 times now, with the same eventual result after a few months time. Just make sure you aren't trying to move it so hard that you strip the gears in there. You basically have to wiggle it up and down.

OP
OP
Wayfarerwalk

Wayfarerwalk

Reaction score
There is no battery for the rear wiper. You may be dealing with a wiper motor, door switch, wiring or multi funtion switch issue. Check fuses first.

I didn't think there was a battery, but then again, I'm wouldn't be surprised if there were. The switch works the washer fine and the front wipers have no problem. Guess its the ole check and eliminate game now. Thanks for the info.