Reliabilty of 03 Expeditions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bnvus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Too many problems with the 03's

brake dust
power window motors
rear differential whines
Front Diff clutch slippage
spark plugs pulling threads out of the cylinder heads

All have TSB's. Do your research before you buy.

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Originally posted by Polaris556
Hello Expedition drivers, Chevy owner here looking at getting out of my 6.0L Gas powered Chevy and into a used 03 Expedition w/4.6 XLT. Now I have owned Fords in the past but nothing new. Secretly I have had a love affair with the new body styles of the SuperDutys and F150s but now I need a family oriented SUV that can tote our ATVs around as well.

Whats your thoughts on this one: http://www.bobruthford.com/used-inv...e5124046381e00287b5861bd9889&useHistory=true#

It looks gorgeous, not had a chance to get a hands on test but is the mileage to high? Will the vehicle last another 10 years with DD duties as well as light towing?

Thanks in advance.

The one you picked is a 4.6 and says 18mpg for freeway. My 5.4 with just a k/n air filter get 18mpg cruising in the low 60's. I think you will definitely regret not getting something more powerful after driving the 4.6 around for awhile. I have an 03 5.4 and have only had problems with the a/c and I'm over 90k.