Remote start procedure?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bodabdan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've searched around but couldn't find this. I'm getting to know my 2012 Limited with the factory remote start fob in addition to the fob on the key.
I can lock it, start it, but it shuts off when I unlock it. Is there a way to avoid the restart?
My owners manual doesn't address it, I might be missing a supplemental book? Searched multiple threads here and didn't find one about the correct procedure, lots about non-working ones.
Thanks in advance.

BIGRED03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My '21 remote start requires you to first lock the doors then press the start button x 2. To stop, simply hit the start again. Maybe they have changed the procedure, maybe not.

bman440440

Reaction score
With my 08 I have the 2nd fob (factory) for remote start as well... I hold the button till I get a quick horn honk and it starts... it will do it with the doors locked or unlocked... if they are locked I can unlock and enter the truck and it stays running... that is unless you hit the brake pedal... if you do it shuts down.

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've searched around but couldn't find this. I'm getting to know my 2012 Limited with the factory remote start fob in addition to the fob on the key.
I can lock it, start it, but it shuts off when I unlock it. Is there a way to avoid the restart?
My owners manual doesn't address it, I might be missing a supplemental book? Searched multiple threads here and didn't find one about the correct procedure, lots about non-working ones.
Thanks in advance.
This functionality is standard on Gen 3 Expys up to 2014. My 2011 allows you to unlock the door after remote start, but when you open the door, it shuts off. I also had a 2014 that functioned the same way, my 2017 Gen 3 does not have this "feature".
I believe there is a way to turn this functionality off with FORSCAN, but I have not tried it. Post the question in the FORSCAN section and see if anyone responds.