Remote Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robert Paulson

Reaction score
i'd say go for a brand name unit. my girl just got me a python starter/alarm for X-mas. the same company (DEI) makes python, clifford, viper, precision power amps, ETC...

i also have access to all the tech info and install guides for anything made by DEI. i can also get wire colors for your truck from their site.

Robert Paulson

Reaction score
it does have that, but it also has the wiring colors of cars, software downloads, a knowledge base, and some other crap.

..........where the hell did you find that? i had to crack a password to gain access to the DEI site LOL.

Robert Paulson

Reaction score
.........here's a pic of the wiring guide for your truck. it also has links to pics and notes on stuff to look/look out for, as well as links to do the immobilizer system right.

Attachments

• wiring3.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 1,264
OP
OP
S

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Haha, just a simple google search, it was like the second or third result. Thanks for the diagram, I'll look through their site and see if I see anything I want.

PaulC

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't know. You have $25,000+ worth of truck sitting in the driveway. I would go for a unit from an established company with product support. Also, a good installation is everything when dealing with a remote starter. Barbecued Expy is not a very flavorful meal.

I have a remote starter called AstroStart made by a Canadian company called Astroflex. They're on the web. Installation was done back in 1998 by the most reputable car electronic shop I could find. To date, zero problems and 100% reliability. I can't complain.

OP
OP
S

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My expy is having trouble starting without the remote start so I think I'm going to hold off on it for awhile anyway.

PaulC

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Won't start or hold idle unless the accelerator is pressed? Goes away for awhile, then pops up again? If so, usually a bad IAC (Idle Air Control) valve.