remote starters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im in the market for a remote starter...whats the difference between the
2-way, 3-way, 4-way kits? which is better? are there brands to stay away from?

corlon

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i've only heard of 1-way and 2-way myself. 1-way is that the remote only communicates with the vehicle. 2-ways is when the vehicle is able to communicate back to the remote. most people seem to like the dei ( directed stuff), i install astrostarts where i'm at. dei owns them now. you can do a smart start with either brand. heres some links. the astro products are rock solid.

http://www.astrostart.com/Products/Default.aspx

http://www.directed.com/smartstart/

on a side note: xpresskits makes a great interface module for the ford vehicles. its called a PKFM.

OP
OP
GAINMOB

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so i'm guessing one would want to get 2-way?

OP
OP
GAINMOB

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what are people running out here for remote starters

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
since i got my truck broken into im also looking to get into an alarm with remote start, viper (dei product) 2way with lcd remote and standard remote for around $500 installed at best buy with a best buy warranty, i plan on purchasing the pats bypass online.
keep in mind you need 2 programmed keys. im also looking into the directed electronics window control module ($70) so i can roll down the windows with the push of a button on the key fob like i have in my 7 series.

heres the link

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Viper+-...ded)/9008539.p?id=1218008110152&skuId=9008539

AK4wheeler

Reaction score
I have DEI products in both my vehicles...and I recommend them to anyone.

I have had the Viper 791vx 2-way remote start/alarm in my Expedition since 2003 with no problems. I have only had to replace the Key Fob once due to diving in the pool with the keys in my pocket.

I also have the Clifford 3.5rs Matrix 2-way remote start/alarm im my Escape. It was originally installed in my F250 back in 2004 and was transplanted into the Escape in 2005. I had to replace the Key Fob twice, once under warranty and once because my child dropped my keys on the driveway.

FYI...I have the older styles of key fobs on my systems which cost around $40 and are hard to find (they were discontinued a couple of years ago). I have heard that the new styles are even more, around $129. You need to ensure you take care of the key fobs because they are expensive.

AK4wheeler

reg442

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does any one have the viper 2way with the module to use your almighty android or your silly ifone? I got a buddy @ an audio shop that's wants to upgrade my 5 year old prestige 2way. Any feed back would be great, ill be upgradeing regardless next month. Thanks

OP
OP
GAINMOB

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
let me know when its all said and done...i like that idea with the windows...my wife's car does that too...let me know where you buy from/sites...i want to get this done right after new yrs...

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
im running a VIPER alarm with remote start and the window controll it was $328 installed and the local car audio shop