Removing 3rd row seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NewToFord

Reaction score
I recently removed the middle seat from my second row, and now I want to take out the entire 3rd row.
I can get to most of the bolts, I just can't seem to get any of them to loosen.
Can anyone tell me how to remove the row, and what tools would work best?

Kk4yvx

Reaction score
I had to remove the 2nd and 3rd row seats from a donor truck and put them in mine (06)
Those bolts are in there very tight. I wish I had a wrench with a long handle, that would have made it easier. They should get loose with enough torque.
The front bolts of the 3rd row seat do not need to come off, just loosen them anout a quarter of an inch, and once the back ones are taken off the seat slides towards the back and comes off.

OP
OP
N

NewToFord

Reaction score
I had to remove the 2nd and 3rd row seats from a donor truck and put them in mine (06)
Those bolts are in there very tight. I wish I had a wrench with a long handle, that would have made it easier. They should get loose with enough torque.
The front bolts of the 3rd row seat do not need to come off, just loosen them anout a quarter of an inch, and once the back ones are taken off the seat slides towards the back and comes off.

I don't know if all 2nd gen Expeditions are the same, but my 3rd row is electric.
I was hoping to take the whole seat mount out, I don't want to leave any brackets or anything bolted down, so I've already taken the front 3 bolts out.

tsingson

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wouldn't removing the third row cause an uneven surface in the back?

tsingson

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok. I just wanted to make sure because I was cleaning the inside of the truck the other day and I saw the dip where the seats go in.

Skauber

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not much other than to keep removing bolts until they come out.. :) Shouldn't be too difficult to remove the bolts in the front supports and unbolt the folding mechanism. Don't think there's much else that holds them in.

igozumn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'll try to look at the shop manual, but if I recall, you have to remove the bolts on the floor in front of the seats. Everything in the back, jack, jack cover, trim.....everything behind the seat on the floor has to come out in order to get to the bolts at the back of the seat. I had to take my RH 3rd row seat out to fix a seat belt issue and replaced the blend door motors for the aux air at the same time.