Removing lower ball joints?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BANGEREXPO76

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know all about the uppers lol but thank you for your advice. The moog ones I'm buying are servicable if I ever get to where they need to be done again. I plan to do the whole suspension so inner and outer tie rods will be replaced so I've got an alignment in the budget already :)
About the caster and camber though, are the cams already installed on the truck or did you have to buy the alignment kit? I haven't gotten in there to take a look yet.

Good idea. I did the entire suspension front and back as well. Get your pitman and idler arms as well.
Yes the cams are there. You have to mark it with a white paint pen before you take it a loose to get it remotely back to where it was. I dont know anything about camber adjustment so I had to get it done and it wasnt cheap. So just a heads up.

BANGEREXPO76

Full Access Members
Reaction score
do you have to loosen the torsion bars to replace the ball joints or does it matter? Saw the video from 1AAuto and the guy loosened them up. Other than that it looks pretty straight forward. I've done them on older Explorers and never did anything with torsion bars.

No I didnt have to loosen the torsion bars.

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I also did not loosen the torsion bars. The steering knuckle is the piece that becomes loose once you remove the lower ball joint, not the A-arm itself. That can stay in its place with no issue.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69