Removing lower front bumper trim 2001 Expition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brhulen

Reaction score
Help! I'm trying to save a nickel and decided to R&R the damaged lower front bumper trim. For the life of me I can't figure out how to do this. Would someone out there please provide a step by step procedure for doing this? I have already removed the two screws in the wheel wells, the two plastic clips on the center support brackets, disconnected the fog lights. It still doesn't want to come loose. Then started removing the front grill to gain further access and really don't see much different. Does the entire front bumper assembly need to come off? Your reply is greatly appreciated. Almost ready to take it to the body shop. If you prefer you can contact me directly via email at [email protected] Thank you! Brett

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

brhulen

Reaction score
Removal of lower front bumper trim on a 2011 Expedition

Sorry guys, big thumbs. What I meant to ask was how to remove the lower front bumper on a 2011 Expedition, not a 2001. Since I posted I found four metal clips in the middle holding the lower trim to the upper trim and removed them. The only thing that appears to be holding it all together now are the fourteen plastic tabs that are on the upper bumper trim passing through the slots on the lower trim. There is a small bump on top of each tab, how do you release these tabs? There is no room to push the tab down to gain clearance. Everything else is removed including the fog lights so its just this last step. When I pull outwards on the lower bumper both the lower and upper trim move together and I don't want to break anything.

OP
OP
B

brhulen

Reaction score
2011 Expedition lower front bumper trim removal

Well from further cogitation I now believe it is a three part process. I "think" the grill needs to come off first, followed by the upper bumper cover and finally the lower bumper cover. I sure wish someone would come out of the woodwork and help me out here. It's raining like heck and I'm done with it for the time being!