Replaceing Rear AC High Pressure Line Any Tips?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gyromedic2

Reaction score
My 07 XLT Special Service Expedition decided to have the rear a/c high pressure line chafe itself and rupture this past weekend. Any advice on how to replace the entire line without lifting the body off the chassis???

Thanks and God Bless!!!

Johnny Law

Reaction score
The same scenario happened to me probably 5yrs ago to my 1996 Chevy Suburban. One piece from the engine compartment to the rear A/C. Mine rubbed up against the frame as it went out of the engine compartment. $125 part but installing it would total the truck.

I ended up repairing it with a fiberglass wrap which is designed for pipes up to 300psi. Although it isn't designed for such small metal pipes it has held for the last 5 yrs and has provided a barrier/rub strip against the frame. I ended up cutting the wrap into thin 1/2" strips because the rupture was on a pretty tight radial bend. I wrapped it up good and overlapped the rupture by a couple of inches both ways as best I could. Cost about $25. A bit of a mess, difficult a bit, glad I did it? You bet.

When I get home I'll post a picture of the product it's called Pow-R Wrap Pipe Repair by Fernco P/N FPW248CS. (It was called Christies Pipe wrap when I did it). The stuff is amazing and now I always have a couple packages in my shop.