replacing rear 3rd brake light (with aftermarket)???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nobycane74

Reaction score
As I am working diligently in upgrading many of my cosmetic parts/pieces on my '01 Exp. EB. I am going to have to replace the 3rd brake light. It is faded, and appears to be disintegrating away. So instead of purchasing a new OEM replacement - I have decided to get a little bit different one; and LED version.
IMG_0212.JPG
However I am running into a bit of a complex situation with which one to get, due to the harness and wiring couplets. Most of the OEM replacements and aftermarkets have the same connections...like the pic below...
normal brake lite fastener.JPG

But the one I am interested in, doesn't have this option and is a single fitting. Not wanting to get into a serious electrical rewiring scenario...has anyone replaced a 3rd brake light fixture that is similar to the one I have shown below? If so, how did you go about doing this?
potential 3rd brake light kit.JPG

Any advise and help would be appreciated. I even contacted a few of the sellers who have this in stock and they were no help as they all have said there are no install instructions available.:banghead:

Thanks in advance.