Retrofitted Bi-Xenons

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
AllBoostNoEco

AllBoostNoEco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
BBCF9671-522B-4B9A-AEF8-353B8D05280A.jpeg 616ECD73-48F3-46E6-ADCC-B68C8639DBF9.jpeg 4E7A83F3-FA85-46BB-9808-AE27BE5E5068.jpeg 674272C2-3CB3-43E4-9518-D16BA8B63F34.jpeg
Finally some output pics. Took long enough, but I discovered that my FORScan changes that “seemed” to work actually didn’t, and I was fighting through intermittent issues of them not coming on or flickering nonstop. In the end, I built a relay harness out of stuff I had lying around, and that seems to have rectified the issue permanently.
These shots are at 25 feet with my phone on the steering wheel. Width is pretty good, orientation of the projectors is a little off. There is an ever so slight cant present, which is clearly evident in the right side cutoff and the slight dip in the light output between the hotspots. Since I won’t have time to be without my headlights for the next two months, it’s a situation I’ll probably end up dealing with.

old codger

Reaction score
If anyone has taken the headlight assembly let me know how you took them apart and reassembled them. I am assuming you needed to heat the headlight assembly up to take apart but what do you use to reseal them

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
Last edited:

deweysmith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
gixer, did you use an F-150 retro kit from theretrofitsource.com? I'm super interested in doing something similar to your setup.

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
gixer, did you use an F-150 retro kit from theretrofitsource.com? I'm super interested in doing something similar to your setup.
I have an 07 and none of the f150 retro quick kits work for mine as it didn't come factory with projectors. Mine is just a universal mini h1 7.0 retrofit kit.

OP
OP
AllBoostNoEco

AllBoostNoEco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For those of you curious about lighting up that strip, if you pull the rubber cover off the low-beam bulb side, you can look down and to the left of it through the hole and see the gap where that amber strip is.
Wouldn’t be hard to get a flexible LED strip and slide it in there. Plus the LED parking light is right there as well, so I’d think with some creativity, you could connect your LED strip into the leads off that so it comes on with them and no external wiring needed.

I upgraded these just today to a D2S Morimoto 5500K bulb and 50-watt ballast I stole from my old F-150 retrofits since no one will buy them. I was surprised the D2S bulb fit exactly into the D3S bulb retainer, but I’m thrilled because it’s time for some Nightbreakers.

Last edited:

Kwik SC

Reaction score
I love how these came out!! Slightly off topic but what color did you use to paint the grille? I love that satin look. Would love to do it it to my truck

OP
OP
AllBoostNoEco

AllBoostNoEco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I love how these came out!! Slightly off topic but what color did you use to paint the grille? I love that satin look. Would love to do it it to my truck

It’s the Rustoleum Peel Coat in Graphite. It has held up okay, it’s been on way too long, and it has some chips and scratches where the chrome is shining through.

Kwik SC

Reaction score
It’s the Rustoleum Peel Coat in Graphite. It has held up okay, it’s been on way too long, and it has some chips and scratches where the chrome is shining through.
Ahhh ok so its basically plastidip. I was considering having it Rhinolined to match the bullbar that's going on this year.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk