Rhino 3000 push bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Captainjerky

Reaction score
Hello all-

I was talking to a local cop I know who used to drive a 2nd gen Expy as a squad. He said they used Rhino push bars and loved them. He mentioned that he'd used it to push vehicles around; I don't think we're talking high speed PIT maneuvers, but anyway.
On their website it says they attach to the tow hook mounting points. I know I've seen a lot of talk about how an improperly mounted push bar can end up collapsing into the radiator, but has anyone used this setup? I'm not looking to become the Road Warrior, but a way to move a stalled vehicle that also gives me a spot to put some lights is something I'd like to have.

Thanks.

k9education

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You could probably use it for such if you gently rolled up to another vehicle and apply gentle, steady acceleration. However, in an accident, push bars are known to cause more damage than would have occurred without one. The Rhino ones are pretty nice anyway. Make sure you shop around. I was considering one at one point and found them even cheaper locally than the cheapest online retailer.

EVILTOW

Reaction score
I have a go rhino push bar on my 03 Eddie Bauer. I just ordered a ranch hand grill but loved the go rhino a lot.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

Captainjerky

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies; EVILTOW that pic looks great. I just ordered one that I picked as a Christmas present, so even though I'll have to wait for the install I'm psyched! I'll post some pics when it's on...

rayt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i had one on my 2011 .
I rammed into a vehicle due to them cutting me off, i braked but still impacted at maybe 5 miles a hour or so.
no damage to the push bumper...
but it pushed the car into the left side of my front bumper and killed my headlight.