Roof Rack Cap Installation?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

irod87

Reaction score
Has anyone replaced a missing roof rack endcap on an expedition. I ordered the part and it slides right on but im not seeing what holds the part on?

Its the passenger side rear cap.

dpkcj4.jpg

k9education

Full Access Members
Reaction score
None of the diagrams show anything holding it on so I would imagine it snaps in. Possible the piece on the rack that holds it in place is broken?

OP
OP
I

irod87

Reaction score
None of the diagrams show anything holding it on so I would imagine it snaps in. Possible the piece on the rack that holds it in place is broken?

You might be right. Nothing looked broken but something isn't right.

svfetter

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nothing to it, The flat tab shown slides inside the rail. You will see round pegs under the cap which snap into the corresponding female openings in the base. They pretty much install straight up and down. Once you get a good look at it, it will all make sense.

OP
OP
I

irod87

Reaction score
You will see round pegs under the cap which snap into the corresponding female openings in the base.

That might be my problem. I will try and snap a pic today. Under the cap their is a 'hole' that im thinking something should go into but on the vehicle I do not think the male part is there.

pennyanguy

Reaction score
Anyone know what the part number is for the rear passenger roof rail end cap on a 2007 Expo EL limited? Noticed today mine is GONE! How'd that happen?