Roof rack & light bar install wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
waldo

waldo

Reaction score
Going of the top of my head here.

Rack: $500
Addin Floor Kit: $150
Light Brackets and such: $130
Awning: $80
52" LED bars: $120 each x 3
Side Led Lights: $20 a pair x 2

So around $1200

JoshA77

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Going of the top of my head here.

Rack: $500
Addin Floor Kit: $150
Light Brackets and such: $130
Awning: $80
52" LED bars: $120 each x 3
Side Led Lights: $20 a pair x 2

So around $1200

did it come with the mounting brackets to mount it to the roof. I just looked and the smittybilt one does not come with them and they are 85 dollars a piece! frickin ridiculous.

OP
OP
waldo

waldo

Reaction score
And i also changed all the hardware out for grade 8 but I had all that

JoshA77

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I gotcha! damn these are far more expensive than I was expecting hahaha... I hope we get what we pay for...

drewactual

Full Access Members
Reaction score
blaine.jpg

get yourself some clear epoxy and spray the bolt heads and threads (if exposed) after your're done installing.

i did mine when i put it on a couple years ago, and there is no rust or spotting on them.

Last edited:

JoshA77

Full Access Members
Reaction score
blaine.jpg

get yourself some clear epoxy and spray the bolt heads and threads (if exposed) after your're done installing.

i did mine when i put it on a couple years ago, and there is no rust or spotting on them.

Nice setup Drew. My 99 7.3 looked like that except without the racks...

drewactual

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i'm a tinkerer by unsolicited nature and always have to have a project going... that truck^ is done. there is only one more thing that can be done to it, and instead of doing it i'm going to sell it and focus on the eXp i just picked up...... for a while, at least.

the rack looks good, but it is hella functional. i've had well over 1200# of lumber up there before (lumber yard is only a mile away; i wouldn't rec driving with that kind of weight so high).. i planked it with cedar boarding and installed a gorilla glass covered 300w solar panel on it to top off an aux battery in the bed. i can walk up there, and i'm #280... more to the point, I can sleep up there safely and easily. i can't express how handy that thing has been from using it as a viewing platform to carrying a WP bag (can't recall the brand name) with luggage up there and leaving the covered bed empty for the dogs on long trips. this one is a diamondrax custom made for me by that crew who are in cali- it's actually two racks- front one has front dam and no backstop, back one has rear stop with no front dam. putting one on an eXp wouldn't require that move to keep the bed flex in control... otherwise i'd have snapped the rack several times....