Rough Country...Montana

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WPG2013

Reaction score
Sorry for the thread...know this has been covered ad nauseam. Local shop installs Rough Country lifts, says he can't find a 3/2 lift for a 99 Expedition! Any suggestions for him...be nice!:Violin:

lve2wheel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Heres pretty much your options. 2/3 inch leveling kit ($200) . Piece meal a 4 inch lift kit from a F150 using rear spacers instead of the add a leaf or blocks. ($1000+/-), Or a 6" fabtec lift ( $1500est cant remember exactly)

BIG GREEN FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Yea tell me about it.

Do what I did. I bought a 4-5 inch lift kit for a f150 1000$ (it should be here soon to do a wright up) fits the front of are expys, and get a 3in coil spacer for rear (I made my own 3 1/2inch). Sell the rear stuff it brings (rear block, u-bolts, and hardwear).
That's good enough to run 35s easy.
Next if you want more (like me) get a 3inch body lift aswell and run 37s like i will when the lift for the front gets here.

OP
OP
WPG2013

WPG2013

Reaction score
Might have to go with more lift then I wanted (3/2). Don't do any rock crawling or anything like that. Mostly bird hunting or elk and deer hunting. Get on some narley roads but nothing too bad. Thought about a torsion twist and rear spacers, but don't want to deal with the harsh ride or wear on front end parts.

OP
OP
WPG2013

WPG2013

Reaction score
Not unheard of to do couple thousand mile round trip for bird hunting. "If it flies it dies" Could use the extra ground clearance, but don't need it to ride like a lumber wagon!

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You could do just a 3 inch body lift all around and run 35's. That would be plenty big to handle any roads you get on. I do a lot of snowmobiling in the winter and see some gnarly roads myself, never had issues since I put on the 33's, and I have a heavy trailer behind me too.

I know my buddy uses a trailer to hunt but not sure if you do too.