Rough Idle and Shaking on highway.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoeD

Reaction score
yeah man, most likely all but the lean codes are
"tune up" issues. then tackle the lean codes.
Driving it like that is gonna create other problems.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In the future posts Rammer, always list any parts that have been changed, along with any work that has been done recently. This helps us to help you narrow down your problem. If not everyone's jumping all around the vehicle trying to diagnose your problem. It's good that you listed year, engine size, and whether 2 or 4 wheel drive. Let us know your progress after tune up. Moose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnnyRico

Reaction score
I had almost the exact problem on my 03, it ended up being a bad coil and spark plug. Realitvly easy repair. My mechanic had me on the road the next day.

Bill Payer

Reaction score
I have a 2006 Eddie Bauer with 196,000 miles. At around 150,000 miles my car had simular symptoms as yours. I replaced all the spark plugs and all the coils. The car ran like new again. However, 40,000 miles later I had a single spark plug and coil go bad and had similar symptoms. This time I just replaced the single bad coil and spark plug. It run fine now. Good luck!

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you look at the codes his computer threw, theirs not a secondary ignition code there. That's why we suggested tune up first. Spark plugs, spark plug boots. We don't recommend the bargain coil packs online, they fail too quickly, if not work at all. If you guys are parts replacers that's fine, but we're trying to make mechanics out of our forum members. It works out better in the long run. That old adage of teach a man to fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk