Rough start to the audio install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sxewhodey

Reaction score
I started my install yesterday and began to mod my dash opening to be a true DoubleDin unit. Popped the trim off pretty easy
P1090902.png
Got the dremel out, test fitted, and had to keep making the hole a little bigger.
Since my unit doesnt slope downward like the factory, I have no option but to cut out the sloping plastic support at the back of the radio. I cut/grinded/burned it out, what a task!!!! Does anyone know what the little unit is above the sloped radio support? Im kinda curious how hot it gets and if I need to put a barrier between it and the radio? P1090906.png
The AVH-P3200BT will be a little extra work, but I think it will be very nice once completed!

Last edited:

Yoop33

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wouldnt it have been easier just to get something that would have fit with the existing hole? I mean I am always down for a crazy project but I have learned my lesson a time or two as well. If the shoe dont fit, dont force it.
In regards to your question.... I have no idea what the little box is for. Maybe a small distributor or amp??
Good luck!!

OP
OP
S

sxewhodey

Reaction score
Hhhaa definitely true to not force anything is the best way, but having a install with a pocket infuriates me. Most people dont even use that pocket and its kinda wasted real estate. I know there is a ton of wasted real estate in a suv that big, but not being able to maximize it in the drivers pod makes me mental, especially knowing the option is there in an earlier model though. Worked trough it thogh and almost completed now.