Rust on roof

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

benya21097

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you other guys have rust issue along your roof. If so, how have you guys solved this problem? My dad wants to use bed liner for whatever reason.

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can you post a picture of the rust? If it is just a little bit, you can sand it off and bondo it or bedliner it. If it is bad enough that you have holes going through it then it could be a tougher repair. I have minor scratches that are rusting really slowly, but no salt gets that high which is why I don't repair it.

OP
OP
B

benya21097

Reaction score
my dad's thinking about bed lining the whole roof, i'm weary of that for the fact it'll look so weird if we don't bed line the whole truck. Would just bed lining the area where it is be good enough?

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my dad's thinking about bed lining the whole roof, i'm weary of that for the fact it'll look so weird if we don't bed line the whole truck. Would just bed lining the area where it is be good enough?

Well like I said, it really depends on how bad it is. If it is just surface rust, sand it off and primer/spray paint it, that would suffice and no one would see it since it is on the roof. If it rusted to the point that it has holes it could get really intensive. If you can take a picture of it and post it up, that would help with the advice. If you don't know how to post pictures, let me know.

OP
OP
B

benya21097

Reaction score
Well like I said, it really depends on how bad it is. If it is just surface rust, sand it off and primer/spray paint it, that would suffice and no one would see it since it is on the roof. If it rusted to the point that it has holes it could get really intensive. If you can take a picture of it and post it up, that would help with the advice. If you don't know how to post pictures, let me know.
its dark as hell now and we already filled up the rust with some cream, i don't know the name though.

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oh yeah sorry I didn't see you are to the East. Its still light in MN haha. So by the fact you filled it with cream, do I assume it was rusted through? What do you mean by cream

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chase5817