RWD vs 4WD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Plati

Reaction score
If anyone can't figure out or understand that AWD or 4WD is worth having or better than 2WD or RWD ... Then they will do just fine with whatever D they end up with and they'll never know the difference.

If you get my drift.

Reaction score
Careful, you only get 4 low if you get a 4x4 AND either the FX4 package or the HD towing package.

I don't understand your statement, I have a 2019 4x4 FX4 with 4H and 4L and 2WD, and I have the Heavy duty tow package with the hitch and the upgraded rear end 3.73.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't understand your statement, I have a 2019 4x4 FX4 with 4H and 4L and 2WD, and I have the Heavy duty tow package with the hitch and the upgraded rear end 3.73.
He’s just saying that the 4low option is only available with adding the tow package or if you get the FX4 trim. You can always get the optional 4x4 without the 2 speed transfer case (4low) at any trim level but to also have 4low you need the tow package or FX4 trim.

nobrainer

Reaction score
From my personal experience in Chicagoland with the 2019 4WD/AWD Plat, I usually drive in mine in 2WD, a few times the grounds been a little slick and/or cold AND I give it a little too much gas (which is not common) but the back of the truck seems too light and it makes a weird bouncing motion while it grips and slips. It's weird and very unsettling to me. Now if it's cold/wet or if I want to goose it a bit more than I usually do, I put it in 4WD and leave it.

jgudnason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If anyone can't figure out or understand that AWD or 4WD is worth having or better than 2WD or RWD ... Then they will do just fine with whatever D they end up with and they'll never know the difference.

If you get my drift.

I'm sure they will get the drift.. eventually.