Safety recall for back seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
"Less than 1% of the affected vehicle population is expected to require seat frame replacement."

From the above link in post 8, one could see for themselves rather easily if their vehicle is affected.

I'm perplexed though. If this J-bracket isn't present in one or both seat track RAILS, that the fix is to install a new seat FRAME? What does one have to do with the other?

edit - ehh, maybe it makes sense. the rails are part of the seat, not the thingy in the floorboard that I call a rail.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I took mine in for a separate issue and asked about it and told them it was a notice on my fordpass app. They looked up my vin amd saw it was an affected vehicle so made an appt to drop off.

zarga

Reaction score
I took mine in last month with an appointment and they checked it while I waited. I had some other service bulletin that they dealt with at the same time. I was in and out in just over an hour.

BTW, my seat checked out ok.

msnijjar

Reaction score
I took my expy for recall inspection and they took 45mins to confirm that it fine and does not need any fix.

NyackRob79

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They looked at mine while I had my oil change done and winter tires mounted. They said my seat looks fine. I'm happy, as I have my 2yo and 4yo sitting in the 2nd row.