Scangauge II $13

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Picked up a brand new Scangauge II at a florida flea market for $13. It was in a ziplock bag and they didn’t know what it was but it was an estate sale so they were trying to just unload everything. I thought the shop that worked on my truck a month ago had stolen my MX reader as it had been missing, so this really made my day...the same day I bought the Scangauge, my father in law found my MX reader underneath the drivers seat when he was vacuuming my truck. So, two questions:

Is there a point to having both?
Is there some sort of adapter I can use to use both simultaneously? Like a splitter for ODB II connectors? 5ba103ed71ded058aa2dbde9a7560ca9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Plati

Reaction score
Going out on a limb here but I would be very skeptical that you can hook up 2 OBD2 devices and use them in parallel, simultaneously. I suspect the splitter is OK if you (plug in and) use one at a time. Electronic circuits do things like pull a signal line low with a resistor, drive an expected amount of current … all that voltage - current- impedance - and signaling protocol stuff. IMHO but I don't know the actual details. Just because a connector plugs in doesn't mean its "all good".

OP
OP
Muddy Bean

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Black:

I agree 100%. But I thought the same thing $13 is worth it to have easy real time data...I like having the boost gauge right there without having to always tie up my phone which is usually set to google maps.

Mr sticker:

Interesting that you say this. For some reason when I have the android torque pro app connected to my MX and I’m reading real-time data, my power boards won’t deploy. They turn themselves off. As soon as I disconnect my tablet from the MX via bluetooth, the boards are fine again.

Plati

Reaction score
This guy plugged it in with some success.
However, the test is not exhaustive (all devices & all functions of devices & vehicle)
or show that the circuits are fully compatible by looking at schematics & components.
Like I said, I dunno.

OP
OP
Muddy Bean

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In my diesel power magazine today:
3086eb39c20ffc1365c117cf22b91673.jpg

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Black:

I agree 100%. But I thought the same thing $13 is worth it to have easy real time data...I like having the boost gauge right there without having to always tie up my phone which is usually set to google maps.

Big reason I am venturing into the Android head unit world to piggyback to the sync system for now.
Phone screen is just way too small to really utilize the possibilities of real time monitoring of ODB stuff.