Scored some F150 wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spooky

Full Access Members
Reaction score
After much deliberation and searching, I found some cherry 18" wheels off of a 2015 F150 that I love ($350 shipped). I going to get them mounted and some new tires slapped on them as soon as I figure out how I am going to trim the rear CV axle to fit the F150 FORD wheel cap. Any ideas how I should trim them?
$_57.jpg ?

I think I'm going to go with the Kumho Road Venture AT51 Tire in LT275/70R18 (33.2") to give me a little more lift and clearance. Debating whether to swap my TPMS or buy new......4 new TPMS 32's are about $160.....

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Remove your existing wheel off and mount one of these on it, Mark with a sharpie how much is needed to cut and the rest is obvious.

Buy new sensors, have your new wheel/tire set up pre mounted one day, then when ready another day do the actual swap, that way you will have your old set to go back to in case anything goes wrong down the road.

Congrats on the new wheels they look sick, price seems very good for the product too. Don't forget take before and after pics

OP
OP
Spooky

Spooky

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I purchased a milwaukee 4.5" grinder and took off about 1/2" of the axle nub from each of the rear axles. The grinder made short work of them and I was able to get the cut portion of the axle flat so it doesn't look like chit.

Before:
View media item 6379
After:
View media item 6380
I ditched my old tires as they needed to be replaced, but I'm going to hold onto my old wheels for a few weeks just in case.......

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Does any one know why is the rear wheel not centered in the wheel well area? I seen some 2nd gen expys with wheel centered but most are sitting more forward

OP
OP
Spooky

Spooky

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think anytime you lift the Expedition, especially the 2/3 lifts, it alters the geometry of the rear axle a bit. The picture accentuates it. It doesn't look as bad in person....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeroday