SCT tuner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well there are 2 polite techs I have talked with now. Apparently waiting on the update to go live today...

We will see

OP
OP
E

ETC13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well there are 2 polite techs I have talked with now. Apparently waiting on the update to go live today...

We will see
Did you buy from 5star and are dealing with 5star techs or are you directly with SCT and no custom tunes from 5star?

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you buy from 5star and are dealing with 5star techs or are you directly with SCT and no custom tunes from 5star?

Bought from 5 star but dealing with SCT because it's a problem with their device, not the tune provided by 5 star

MxRacer965

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just hooked up the X4 I ordered last week and had no problems so far. I just e-mailed the strategy info off to 5Star. Unless their magicians are working tomorrow it will be next weekend before I find out more as I’ll be traveling all next week for work.

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you don't think $650 is worth the return in performance, then you are using the wrong company/person for your tuning.

On a modern Fords the HPTuner based solutions have proven to be superior. The RTD requires a laptop, but the logging it is capable of is FAR better than ANYTHING SCT can do.

You need a good tuner, that knows this Motor and Trans, contact Adam@ZFG, use the below linked form.

https://www.tunedbyzfgracing.com/contact-us

He tunes my Explorer ST, and the Expedition. They are the 4th and 5th vehicle of mine he has tuned.

Also, the 18/19's have the same PCM/BCM module configurations, but can have different strategies depending on build date, model, and options. The 2020's ARE NOT the same. The have different modules and PCM. Strategies are completely different. This is why FORSCAN programming for them is different.

assuming you are talking to me, No, I don't think the tune that CAME WITH the tuner is worth 650. i have used no one for my tuning yet, hence why i'm asking for some contact info for a tuner. thanks for that, by the way.

OP
OP
E

ETC13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
assuming you are talking to me, No, I don't think the tune that CAME WITH the tuner is worth 650. i have used no one for my tuning yet, hence why i'm asking for some contact info for a tuner. thanks for that, by the way.
Something is wrong here. The SCT even with custom tunes doesn't cost that much.

Even the HP tuners with custom tunes don't come to that amount except maybe the nguage.

What device do you have and where did you buy it from? Either they way overcharged you or you have custom tunes and you need to send info from the device back to the tuner so they can send you the custom tunes. If it is the SCT even with custom tunes sounds overcharged.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Something is wrong here. The SCT even with custom tunes doesn't cost that much.

Even the HP tuners with custom tunes don't come to that amount except maybe the nguage.

What device do you have and where did you buy it from? Either they way overcharged you or you have custom tunes and you need to send info from the device back to the tuner so they can send you the custom tunes. If it is the SCT even with custom tunes sounds overcharged.

About $700-$800 is average for an HPT device like the RTD, credits and a Tune. The 15-17’s need 2 credits at $50 a piece, and the 18+ need 4...

ZFG has $100 off the RTD package so with 4 credits it is $698...and worth EVERY penny!

42d0ff61f4f605ca4c39c4d839e11c1d.jpg

My wife’s 2020 4x4 Max SE on stock 22’s on an E85 tune. Nothing else done. Just ZFG tune and E85 in the tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

OH, Yeah, canned tunes are crap!

Contact ZFG!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought my SCT Livewire TS+ from https://fuelinjection.com/ in San Antonio TX for 650 over the counter. The canned tune for 93 octane it came with provided a mild performance increase, but nowhere near 650 dollars worth of value.
it has a plethora of available gauges that look pretty but are otherwise useless. The interface is so bad I am unable to change to a different canned tune, or to stock, because i cannot get to that menu/screen.

As far as I can tell, ZFG does not support the SCT tuners.

I am trying to return it to stock, update the Livewire software, and then talk to a tuner, such as 5 star, to see what they can do for me. at a minimum I want a set of tunes for shorty headers.
but, as i said, i can't get past the menu screens to do any of this.

second choice is to sell it to another sucker and start over with HP.

i want to thank you all for your help; you've been most informative. i only wish i knew before i bought what i know now.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjtehan