Sea foam? Anyone had any luck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JHolden

Reaction score
I just bought a can of Sea from on recommendation from a neighbor. I am hoping that it will help with a rough running Expedition that had sat for 10 months.

Anyone have any experience with this stuff? Is it the miracle cure I have been told it is?

Boose

2017 Platinum EL
Reaction score
I used it in my 05 prior to plug change. I also just used it in my Taurus last weekend. Follow the instructions and don't fear the smoke that will be coming out of your exhaust :)

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OP didn't mention, but if the gas in the tank is 10 months vintage, then I'd start there.

If fresh fuel and still running rough, I too have had good experience with Sea Foam. You have two options, dump a bottle in the tank or have the engine ingest it via a vacuum line. Quickest and best in my opinion results will be via vacuum line and the smoke will let you know its working.

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
Stay away from that stuff with these EB motors

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
EB=Eddie Bauer normally here. They are referring to the ecoboost motor though and to avoid using it on one.

OP
OP
J

JHolden

Reaction score
Ah ok, thanks....Makes sense now. I have a XLT with the standard 5.4 so no worries there!