Sealed or vented sub box?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExpyPlowGuy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It depends on what kind of bass you're looking for and how much space you have to spare.

Sealed boxes have a smaller air space requirement then ported boxes so Sealed boxes are much smaller than ported. From the Sealed box you will get a tighter bass and somewhat better sound quality.

Ported Boxes require more air space and take up more of the trunk area than a Sealed Box. The bass from a ported box is generally louder than bass from a sealed box. What I mean by louder is it will take less power from the amp to get more bass from a ported box than a sealed. And if the box is tuned properly can also have good sound quality in certain frequency ranges.

I run sealed boxes because I like the tighter bass and the smaller size that the sealed box produces.

Remo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've got a sealed box that fits 2 12s behind the third row perfectly. I'm selling it, as I now have a different set up with a single 10. Let me know if you are interested in buying it.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have mine in a sealed box and love it... a lot less space than a ported box

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a small sealed box for my 10". Sounds good enough for me, especially the tight bass :)

OP
OP
DR3W

DR3W

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Okay thanks you guys.

Hey Remo, i'm in Southern California. So your a lil far.:) Shipping will cost what a normal box would! LOL

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
or just make your own. go buy some 1/4" thick mdf and build one to specs of your subs. theres calculators out there to help you out too if you get stuck.