Sealed or vented sub box?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExpyPlowGuy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
home depot lowes etc mdf( Medium-density fibreboard also known as Melamine) shouldn't be too expensive its what most home building products are made with.

+1! It's pretty cheap, I think last time I built a box it was 20-25 bucks for a 4x8 sheet. And I generally had someone there cut up the sheet for me to my specs so I didn't have to do much cutting at home. They used to give you 4 or 5 cuts for free.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
sometimes they dont do shit! it ****** me off. what ever. its not that hard to cut straight. just measure it like 10 times then cut once and sand down that edge to make it smooth. haha

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they'll cut the angles on the ends too for wedges? i may build a box then...wood screws...wood glue...i cant cut the holes out though...darn

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
DR3W, MDF is essentially pressboard. That is all I use. ANy hardware store is going to have a 4x8 sheet of it for pretty cheap.