Seat swap Gen 2 into a GEN 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fkuras

Reaction score
I have looked through alot of the seat swap posts and dont really see a definite answer anywhere. So just trying to post to see if anyone does have this answer. I have a 1998 exp that was redone completely on the outside, but the seats on the inside arent the best. I found a very nice set from a 2005 exp, does anyone know if these seats will be a direct swap, i addes pictures of what's currently in there and the set that i found for sale. Im pretty sure from what i read that the 3rd rows are almost always a easy swap, but the 2nd row is currently a 60/40 and the newer ones are 3 seats. Thank you fro any help.

Attachments

• exp2.jpg
    exp2.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 8
  • exp1.jpg
    exp1.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 7

Billme

Reaction score
Time to measure your mounting points on your present seats, and compare to the new seat frames..
Much easier to just change the covers on your present seats?

Hawkpilot

Reaction score
Fkuras, did you ever actually try this/figure it out? I have a newly acquired '02 EB 4x4 (only has 67,200 original mi on it!)...but the previous owner destroyed the driver's cushion...replacement seat foam/cushions aren't available anymore for the 97-02... wondering if I could swap in front seats from the 03-06 [I'm sure the wiring harnesses aren't compatible...that would be too convenient.]. Thanks!