Shock Absorbers...which is best?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AF Road

Reaction score
I have this 2000 Ford Expe XLT 4x2 and looking to replace the orig. shocks front and rear. Which ones would you recommend ???

Note:
1. Stock Height
2. Replaced rear Airbags with Eibach Springs (direct conversion)
3. Use only on paved roads. No offroading on this one.

Many Thanks!!!

AL

Last edited:

bcmaxx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have this 2000 Ford Expe XLT 4x2 and looking to replace the orig. shocks front and rear. Which ones would you recommend ???

Note:
1. Stock Height
2. Replaced rear Airbags with Eibach Springs (direct conversion)
3. Use only on paved roads. No offroading on this one.

Many Thanks!!!

AL

You can't go wrong with bilstein, rancho, or monroe reflex . I run the reflex on our expy. Great shock good ride. Even offroad. I run bilstein remote reseviors currently of my offroad rig and love it. I had the 5150 series prior to them. Also a top of the line shock

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
I really like my Edelbrock IAS shocks but don't think you can get them for the expy anymore.

rtbrjason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Very happy with my Bilstein shocks all around. The handling difference as well as the ride were very noticeable.

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
If you're going to go with Rancho or most other brands, avoid the cheapest in the lineup.

The Rancho RS5000 are junk. In contrast, the RS9000 were the best shocks that I've ever had on any vehicle

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
Very happy with my Bilstein shocks all around. The handling difference as well as the ride were very noticeable.

did you remove the factory shocks when you installed your bilstiens? did you have any control or body roll, or dive issues on a turn before putting on the new shocks? how is control now?

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
did you remove the factory shocks when you installed your bilstiens? did you have any control or body roll, or dive issues on a turn before putting on the new shocks? how is control now?

Off topic but don't you answer your pm's?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4