Shock differences on an Expy and F250

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tmajikman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know the Excursion and F-250 are closer related, but I also know the Expy has the same rear end with coil springs instead of leaf springs on the rear of the F250.

My question is, my wifes boss has an 06 F250 that he is taking his Rancho shocks off and giving them to me, in exchange for replacing them for him, I want to put the Rancho shocks on my Expy, mine are wore out (basketball bouncing from hell over bumps) but the part numbers are different between the shocks for the Expy and the F250, my X is a 99 btw. Does anyone know what the reason could be as far as different part numbers and what kind of issues can I possibly run into trying to run the 06 F250 Rancho shocks, other than fitment, any help Please?

JDMitchell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The easiest thing to do would be to measure the shock when you pull them off and post some pics. They should be plenty strong enough since they are coming off a 3/4 ton truck, the biggest issue (if any) will be the length and the way they mount.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
take measurements of both and as long as you have the same minimal travel length you should be fine as long as they bolt in... I dont see a problem as long as they fit and aren't too short

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
also as long as they have eye let bushing holes instead of the sticks for the rear. idk what its called. the hole for the bolt. haha just measure them. it should work.

mudryder18

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yea as long as they are not too short you should have no problems. I just took off my new skyjacker shocks and gave them to a buddy that has a k1500 pick up. The shocks were the correct part number for him. Then i got some pro comp es9000 that fully extended measure 32.5in. I dont what the correct vehicle is for them, but they fit my expy just fine.

OP
OP
T

tmajikman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yea as long as they are not too short you should have no problems. I just took off my new skyjacker shocks and gave them to a buddy that has a k1500 pick up. The shocks were the correct part number for him. Then i got some pro comp es9000 that fully extended measure 32.5in. I dont what the correct vehicle is for them, but they fit my expy just fine.

Thank you sir, I am putting these on hopefully as a temporary until I can save up the funds for some Bilsteins, unless I really like these. Next item for the X will be larger swaybars, front and rear, as well as a dual shock front stabilizer, it is no sports car, but I want it to be as safe and controlable as possible.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
expresspedition