Shocks & lowering kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaThumper

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience w/ lowering kits and aftermarket shocks? Would I still get the Bilsteins or Rancho shocks w/ the lowering kit? Does it make sense to still get the aftermarket shocks w/ teh lowering kit? Will the lowering kit stiffen the ride significantly? Which kit did you get where did u get it and how much did u give?

Between my siblings there have been a total of 7-8 expeditions and mine is about as bouncy as they come and I need to get the bounce under control but I also want to lower it because that just looks cool as hell!

OP
OP
D

DaThumper

Reaction score
Rwinch,

Does your "!@!#&^&@!" refer to a mechanical issue, a technical issue or just a taste issue?

:confused:

RedX

Reaction score
I went with the Ground Force Lowering kit for my Expy. It comes with 2 new shocks, 2 torsion bar keys, 2 height sensor brackets, and 2 bump stops. Mine is a 4x4 also. I spent about $300 for the kit and installed it myself. The reason for lowering mine is I don't offroad at all, and I just like the idea of having an all wheel drive vehicle at the flip of a switch for when the roads are wet.

jax0844

Reaction score
Did you consider any other systems besides the lowering? Did you look into converting the air ride system to springs or something similar? And how hard was it to install your system?

I have a '97 with leaking air springs that the dealer wants to charge me $900 to replace. I just don't think I want to put that kind of money into a car with 126,000 miles on it if I have another choice.

Help!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FukNshT